Saturday, September 8, 2007

Ode to My Little Sister

My little sister just celebrated her 31st birthday on August 26th. So, really, she's not so little, but she's the only sister I have. She has been married for 15 years (a feat in itself, I'm sure a lot of you know), has given me one fabulous niece and one excellent nephew, and she is an artist in her own right.

My sister and I are like opposites of the same species. She is a glass jewelry artist and excellent crafter in her own right. Talents, I believe we both possessed, but took in different directions.

A few years ago, my sister created these wonderful holiday pot holders.













This year, you will be able to find her booth at the:

2007 PORTLAND PIRATE FESTIVAL

SEPTEMBER 22ND & 23RD
CATHEDRAL PARK, ST. JOHNS, OREGON

Click the photo for more information on this event!


The Beaded Elephant: Something for everyone! Specializing in handmade, beaded jewelry, hairsticks, and wire-wrapped serverware. One-of-a-kind designs by a local artist with over 10 years experience! Custom orders gladly welcome. — Heidi Leslie

If you are in the Portland area, be sure to stop by her booth and tell her that her sister sent you! ;-)

No comments: