Thursday, February 17, 2011
It has been so long...and a long road for recovery, healing, and a little mental recovery!
I am still on that journey and look forward to returning, sharing, creating more and more each day.
While the body might inhibit, the creative spirit still burns.
Saturday, February 12, 2011
What do you call a person that graduated last in his class at medical school?
Clean white coats
that dish out the mud. sling the mud.
I drown in misplaced puddles
tripping into them in my search for home.
for the voice that broke.
for the spine that
ruptured…the knee that shattered.
I am of Eve’s body, of cracked ribs
searching for the garden I possessed
restrained by the Rod of Asclepius.
Monday, March 16, 2009
The Treasury will be up until Wednesday, March 18th and you can view it by clicking the image below.
Just a word to the wise: Jasper is one of those stones that can look like other stones like aventurine, charoite, agate, calcite, etc. Always be sure to ask questions if you have them and purchase your beads and jewelry from trusted sellers!
Just click the banner below to be whisked away to this luxurious shop!
Friday, March 6, 2009
Monday, February 16, 2009
And, then!!! Stephanie Baker of Old World Primitives created another wonderfully colored Treasury, absolutely fun works and a fabulous array of talents! I was very happy to see my painting included!
Etsy has such a vast amount of brilliant artists and crafts-people...I am always amazed at the work I see there and am very proud to be a part of such a supportive and talented community!
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
I decided I'd like to spend the day with my favorite person. He got me four different slices of cheesecake, we watched movies snuggling, and I tried all four slices. (Don't worry...we had cheesecake left for four days!!!)
If I miss your birthday you should know that I think it is one of the most fabulous celebrations ever and I would definitely wish you a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Love the Lighthouse:
5x7" frame with 3-D embellishments and real shells
"Hi Staci!! Just want to let you know how much E---n loves his picture frame!!! He has it sitting next to his bed. He LOVES it!! Thanks again!!" --Lori
4x6" frame with real twigs and "angel" leaves.
"...the...picture frame [was] extra special. Thank you!!!" --Ryan
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Based on the following poem, which I remember singing it when I was in high school at every Holocaust Memorial:
Here are the guidelines as set forth by the Museum:
Please facilitate the “I Never Saw Another Butterfly” activity and create as many handmade arts-and-crafts butterflies as possible. This project may be completed by all ages as individuals or groups.
- Butterflies should be no larger than 8 inches by 10 inches.
- Butterflies may be of any medium the artist chooses, but two-dimensional submissions are preferred.
- Glitter should not be used.
- Food products (cereal, macaroni, candy, marshmallows or other perishables) also should not be used.
If possible, e-mail a photograph of your butterflies, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send or bring your butterflies to the Museum by June 30, 2012, with the following information included:
- Your name,
- Your organization or school,
- Your address,
- Your e-mail address, and
- The total number of butterflies sent.
Mail or bring your butterflies to:
Holocaust Museum Houston
5401 Caroline St.
Houston, TX 77004
For questions or additional information, please e-mail email@example.com.
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band (Sing in a band!!!)
5. Watched a meteor shower
6.Given more than you had to a charity
7. Been to Disneyland
8.Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art form from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort (built a blanket fort...)
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Rode in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied (How do you answer rightously?)
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelos David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant (many times...)
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone (IRONICALLY!)
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit (indirectly...)
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Read an entire book in one day