Based on the following poem, which I remember singing it when I was in high school at every Holocaust Memorial:
Here are the guidelines as set forth by the Museum:
Please facilitate the “I Never Saw Another Butterfly” activity and create as many handmade arts-and-crafts butterflies as possible. This project may be completed by all ages as individuals or groups.
- Butterflies should be no larger than 8 inches by 10 inches.
- Butterflies may be of any medium the artist chooses, but two-dimensional submissions are preferred.
- Glitter should not be used.
- Food products (cereal, macaroni, candy, marshmallows or other perishables) also should not be used.
If possible, e-mail a photograph of your butterflies, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send or bring your butterflies to the Museum by June 30, 2012, with the following information included:
- Your name,
- Your organization or school,
- Your address,
- Your e-mail address, and
- The total number of butterflies sent.
Mail or bring your butterflies to:
Holocaust Museum Houston
5401 Caroline St.
Houston, TX 77004
For questions or additional information, please e-mail email@example.com.