Monday, August 20, 2007

Nibblefest Art Contest

Nibblefest Art Contest, is a themed art contest beginning on the 20th of each month on Ebay. For this month's Nibblefest theme: "Illustrate a Story or Poem", I chose a poem by Maya Angelou:

My Life Has Turned to Blue

Our summer's gone,
the golden days are through.

The rosy dawns I used to
wake with you
have turned to gray,
my life has turned to blue.

The once-green lawns
glisten now with dew,
Red robin's gone,

down to the South he flew,
Left here alone,
my life has turned to blue.

I've heard the news
that winter too will pass,
that spring's a sign
that summer's due to last.
But until I see you
lying in green grass,
my life has turned to blue.

(Auction ends August 27, 2007 at 7pm.)

Blue Girl

9"x12", Oil on Canvas Board

Extremely textured - painted on Acrylic Primed Artist Canvas Panel, board made of 100% recycled materials, and is ready to frame.

Signed and dated by the artist and comes with Certificate of Authenticity.

Please be sure to search for NFAC to see more great entries, each starting at just 99¢. Thank you for supporting living artists!

No comments: