Friday, February 8, 2008

A Few of My Friends

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these.
~George Washington Carver
(one of my favorite human beings to have lived and strove)

One of the best things about the groups I choose to belong to, is that they are truly supportive artists. We are all humans and at one point or another in our lives we are all looking for help, seeking assistance, vulnerable or needing guidance. I believe I find these qualities in the members of EBSQ and WWAO and a vast number of artists on Etsy. All of us sharing our passion with the world, with each other. Some of those people, like myself, belong to all three of those communities.

I also know, if any one of them made it to San Francisco, I'd love to take them for a hookah at in the Haight and hang out in the park listening to the drummers on Sunday afternoon. And, I was glad to see this feeling is mutual when I saw Torrie Smiley's Etsy Treasury, happily featuring my Desert Mustang necklace! Click on the image below to view until Saturday, February 9th.


Torrie Smiley - Original Works of Art
Welcome to my Gallery featuring original landscape and still life paintings using oil, acrylic, watercolor, and pastel. All art is original paintings. Torrie Smiley, originally from West Texas, now residing and painting in the foothills of North Carolina. I am primarily a self taught artist who paints using oil, acrylic, watercolor, and pastel. I guess you could say I am a mood artist. I paint what I feel at the time using the medium that will best capture the feel and look I am trying to achieve. I have become known for my different renditions of pears, ranging from realism to colorful impressionism. I have won awards both locally and in Online art shows. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the art! Click on the banner below to enjoy her delicious artwork!

No comments: