Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Polymer Pendants from Staci Rose

It's a new endeavor of an old love...I used FIMO when it first hit the market. Most of the pieces I sold or gave away - I have only a few beads, and two pendants I just didn't have the heart to let go of left from those days.

Fast forward to a day I feel compelled to work with clay but can't get to a ceramic studio and don't have the fingers to use FIMO classic - working out the hard, finger-gnarling clay. I found FIMO soft! I bought a few colors to test it out and now have a nice collection, create my own colors by mixing, AND serve the Muse by creating some sculptured jewelry!

I was extremely pleased to see that Peggy, of Lucky Girl Trading Co and fellow Etsy artist, had written a very nice feature about these new pendants on her blog Lucky Girl Trading Co. - Make Every Day Your Lucky Day!


Lucky Girl Trading Company--Pretty Sparkly Things

In the spring of 2001 I was overwhelmed by sadness and huge piles of clutter. My marriage was in the midst of a very ugly ending, and he had left tons of his stuff behind. I suddenly realized that I was a very lucky girl to be rid of him, and Lucky Girl Trading Company was born. A few years later I met my lucky guy--who was selling a bit of jewelry--and married him in a hot air balloon ceremony in 2006. We've worked together to build Lucky Girl Trading into a fun and fulfilling enterprise. I've also discovered working with glass--one of my all-time favorite creative outlets. I've also discovered two ancient arts: Kumihimo and Temari. Both are centuries-old crafts, and both give me a zen-like tranquility while working. I truly am a Lucky Girl! Every day I gather pretty, sparkly things and send them to people. I imagine a person opening their mail and taking out their new pendant or chain or pouch. It's perfect--they have a huge smile on their face--and so do I. I'd love for that person to be you!

Click on the banner to view this fabulous shop!

1 comment:

dianeclancy said...

Hi Staci,

This is delightful to see these new works!! They are gorgeous!!

I am so glad you found something that works for you!!

~ Diane Clancy
www.DianeClancy.com/blog
www.YourArtMarketing.com