Monday, March 31, 2008

I Love Jason Robert Brown!

I have never heard of him before Alysa Merle's Etsy Treasury. She and her daughter are big fans of his music - and he is quite an accomplished composer, pianist, and singer. According to his official website:

JASON ROBERT BROWN has been hailed as "one of Broadway's smartest and most sophisticated songwriters since Stephen Sondheim" (Philadelphia Inquirer), and his "extraordinary, jubilant theater music " (Chicago Tribune) has been heard all over the world, whether in one of the hundreds of productions of his musicals every year or in his own incendiary live performances.

It's just a taste, but here's a YouTube video of a performance he did at Eton University in New York:



But, what made me happier, was seeing the wonderful artists she chose and she included a pair of my gemstone earrings! You can view this Treasury by clicking the image below until Thursday, April 3rd.


Alysa Merle - One Stitch at a Time

Original knit & crochet, many with recycled materials.

Welcome to my Etsy Store! All of my items are original designs, hand made by me. I have been knitting and crocheting for over 40 years, and put lots of care and love into everything that I make. I learned to knit from my grandmother when I was 8 years old, after that I taught myself to crochet, sew, embroider, needlepoint, & cross stitch. I always have multiple projects in process and I bring something to work on wherever I go. My latest interest has been in making things out of recycled materials. Two materials I have been working with recently are cut up plastic shopping bags and recycled sari silk (silk yarn spun by women in Nepal from the material left over from making saris in India). I also love working with soft and textured yarns.

Click the banner below to view her work!

No comments: