16 x 20 Acrylic on Gallery Wrapped Canvas
by Torrie Smiley
Here are the rules:
1. Place a link to the person that tagged you.
2. List seven unusual things about yourself.
1. I am an afghan junkie! I LOVE them...almost all of them. The women in my family all know how to make them and when I see one it just takes me back to warmth and family and security. There's nothing better (maybe chocolate!) than getting cozy with an afghan, something you know someone worked hard on, to bring comfort and that "oh I feel much better now" feeling.
2. DH's big contribution to this list was Butterfly Kisses. My father and mother and aunt and grandparents always used to give me Butterfly Kisses. It's when you take your eyelashes, get real close to someone's cheek, and flutter your eyelashes against their skin...their cheek usually. If you get really good at it, you can do it eyelash to eyelash! I love it, think it's sweet, and DH thinks it's odd.
3. I live in an apartment complex with a lovely courtyard in the middle of several buildings. I've lived here almost six years but this year our gardener as been MIA. So, I've been pulling weeds, removing the dead flowers from the rhododendron so they can bloom again, and generally keeping an eye out for the welfare of the plants. It got to the point where new tenants were asking me if I was The Gardener...
4. I don't like diamonds. Really, never have. I love gemstones, the colors and surprises they can hold, but I do not like diamonds. I find them somewhat boring and would rather a sapphire or fire opal.
5. For some reason, I give nick-names. Always people I love or have a strong relationships with. My nieces and nephews are as follows: Chicken, The Kid, Princess, and My Sunshine. I have a bunch for DH...most of them good.
6. I am a messy person. I like to blame it on the artistic license, but I know where everything is located. You may not be able to see it in the boxes or under the bags but I know where all my belongings are hiding.
7. I can not tell a joke. I am a very funny person with a great sense of humor. I can make people laugh all the time. However, when it comes to telling a joke, it might as well be in Middle English because I suck at it! But, I'm more of an intuitive person and can get to the humor that belongs to that particular person and have them on the floor, crying while they're also laughing!
I don't know if this is considered unusual...we all have our quirks, abilities, and preferences. I thank Torrie for tagging me - she is a wonderful person and stunning artist, I have never seen anyone paint water as beautifully as she can.