Thursday, July 10, 2008

Oh So Modern


I think the color brown gets a bad rap. That is, until someone thought it was a great pairing with pink, now turquoise and teal. I still enjoy a little chocolate brown with lavender.

But, color effects us in ways we may not even be aware of. Red is a color that will get you picked out of the Oprah Winfrey Show crowd - it catches the eye. Blues and greens are "friendly" colors, great for job interviews. Check out this article at Wikipedia on Color Symbolism and Psychology.

I am enjoying these color combinations that may not seem obvious at first and so are many others. In fact, one of my signature swirl pendants is featured in a lovely treasury alongside other beautiful works on Etsy! Click below to view until Sunday, July 13th!


SK Photography

I love doing any artsy and always have! I grew up in a house where my dad was constantly showing me many different things to do with art. I've been drawing and painting ever since I remember. My newest interests are photography and graphic design which I really don't know what I would do without it. All of my art no matter what, is made with love! :)

1 comment:

Jules of Whimsicalnotions blog said...

Hi Staci thanks for visiting my blog,i think yours is facinating love your colour post and yeah am loving new colour combinations taht i never thought i would.You are so creative!