Sunday, June 1, 2008

WWAO June Showcase - Getting Away From it All!

Welcome to June's Worldwide Women's Artists June showcase! I've personally been thinking about places like Thailand, Morocco, Petra in Jordan, Golan Heights in Israel, Ireland, and Galapagos - this showcase seemed to welcome my own sentiments in a very timely manner!

To view the show in it's entirety, simply click here. Below, is a sample of this wonderful exhibit from some equally wonderful artists!




Worldwide Women Artists is an international collective of women artists showing and selling our original art through the worldwide web. As women artists, we give birth to our ideas in a variety of styles and media. We embrace the diversity of each other's work, celebrating the joy of creating our art and sharing it with the world.

Special thanks to Lava Jewelry for hosting this exhibit!


Lava Jewelry - Gemstone Jewelry Crafted by a Geologist


Geology plays a strong role in my jewelry through my use of natural gemstones. I strive to appreciate and celebrate the variety found in nature by choosing gemstones with character.

I studied jewelry-making at the Revere Academy of Jewelry Arts in San Francisco, CA, and metalsmithing at Mission College in Santa Clara, CA.

Why "Lava Jewelry"? Well, it fits in with what I do. I study volcanoes, and many of my friends will tell you that there are few things in life I love better than red hot magma.

Click on her banner to view the work from this talented artist!

No comments: