Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Happy Holiday Recipe

I noticed a strange, irritating buzzing in my ears when I went to the post office yesterday. I was concerned...I was waiting in a long line, and the postal workers looked busy, except for the manager (for the life of me I have no idea what he does other than smile as he walks past customers and employees...). And, the sound wasn't coming from anyone in line...it was coming from the air. The music of the holidaze I would be inadvertently consuming via my delicate ears for the next month. And, the music doesn't care if I'm Jewish.


But, Elizabeth Fiedel of Wrinklegrin Studio knows that the holiday season encompasses more than the regurgitation of the same ten toe-tapping, mind-numbing songs! Her recent treasury included wonderful art with varying themes from fabulous artists! I as extremely excited to see my hand made Chanukea included!

(*Point of reference, here. A Menorah has seven candle holders and is used to represent the seven days of the week for the Sabbath or Shabbat. A Chanukea has nine candle holders to represent the miraculous eight days the Jews' oil lasted until they could get more with an extra candle called the Shamash that is used to light all the other candles.)

You can view this lovely treasury by clicking the image below until Friday, December 5th.


Enjoy the season's changes, the warmth of family and friends that fight the incoming cold, and don't forget those less fortunate than others - this season and throughout the entire year!

No comments: